The ERC GeoDiverCity will organize an International Workshop in October about « Theories and models of urbanization« . The ambition of the meeting is to engage discussion about fundamental questions regarding urban theories and modeling. Invited keynote speeches will be followed each by a roundtable of discussion. Related major results from the ERC will also be presented. The intention of the workshop is to summarize the state of knowledge and prepare an agenda for future research.
The provisionnal programme and the procedure of registration can be found on this dedicated page.
- PhD theses that contributed to GeoDiverCity programme
- How to estimate the singularity of (post-)Soviet cities?
- Urban Dynamics and Simulation Models
- The rising stars of urban growth in China
- How large are Chinese and Indian cities?
- The Brazilian Urban System: the trajectories of Brazilian cities between general dynamics and specific peculiarities
- A modular modelling framework for hypotheses testing in the simulation of urbanisation
- Cities within systems of cities are the best tool for ensuring global sustainability
- Growing Models from the Bottom Up. An Evaluation-Based Incremental Modelling Method (EBIMM) Applied to the Simulation of Systems of Cities